Tuesday 28 April 2015

Welcome to Canadian Damages Blog


Who am I?
I am a chartered accountant and chartered business valuator living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am a senior manager with Matson, Driscoll & Damico.

My practice is focused on three main areas:
·         Economic Loss Quantification
·         Business Valuation
·         Investigative Accounting

What can I do for you?
Typically, my engagements involve the preparation of some form of expert report setting out my findings, generally in the context of litigation. The report is used by the parties to arrive at a financial settlement, or in court if things proceed that far.

Goal of the Blog
This main purpose of this blog is to provide comment on the damages aspects of Canadian case law (both recent and otherwise). Damages decisions are often very fact-specific; I will try to extract the general damages principles implicit in the cases.

In addition to commentary on specific cases, I will also post general commentary on various aspects of economic loss quantification and business valuation.
Frequency of Posts

Blogs are like diets (only you don’t have to give up potato chips, which would have been a deal breaker for me). They begin with the best of intentions, but can quickly peter out. I’m committing to posting every day, other day – well, perhaps it’s better if I make no commitments at this point. It’s not like you’re paying me for this.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete